At Indianola Pediatric Dentistry, we are dedicated to providing dental care in an environment that is safe for patients and team members. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control, Iowa Dental Board, and American Dental Association guidelines, we have created the following procedures to help ensure we are doing all we can to help minimize risk during the coronavirus pandemic.
• If you are a new family to our office, you will be sent the link to complete all forms digitally ahead of your appointment time.
• Only children with appointments are allowed in the office. One guardian per child is allowed. If you would prefer to wait in your car during your child's appointment, we are happy to discuss all information with you over the phone.
• Infrared temperatures and coronavirus screenings will be done for patients, parents and staff upon entering the office.
• Per the Iowa Dental Board mandate, a facial mask is required by all visitors and our team members while in a dental office. Due to the shortage of PPE, we ask all visitors over the age of 2 to bring their own face masks to your appointment.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some throughout the office to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room does not have any magazines, children’s toys and so forth since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• We will keep families socially distanced at all times. To help facilitate this, when your appointment is complete you will leave out of a different door rather than going back through the waiting room.
• If you or your child or anyone in your household is ill with flu-like symptoms, has a fever, cough or shortness of breath, or if you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19 or who was quarantined, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
We appreciate your cooperation in working with us to keep all our families safe and healthy!